I love accessories. Especially in summer when it is too dang hot to even think about wearing more than a swimsuit (#arizonaproblems), accessories help spice up the simplest outfit. Jewelry, handbags, sunglasses and watches, I love it all. I’m also a fan of accessories because I can wear the same ones day after day and no one will give me the side eye.
I looked around my closet and pulled together my 8 must-have accessories for summer. These are all things I truly own, love and wear frequently. Here are my tried-and-true must-haves for summer 2017.
Note: Post contains affiliate links
1. Tassel jewelry. Tassels are one of my favorite trends going on right now. It should be no surprise to any of you that tassel jewelry is on my list for must-have summer accessories. The best part about tassel jewelry is it typically is inexpensive! I received this adorable tassel necklace as a Christmas gift (I was months ahead of this trend), but I found the same necklace is still available in neutral colors. This one is also a really cute, affordable option.
Tassel earrings are an easy statement piece and the perfect pop of color. I love these beaded tassel earrings from the SugarFix by BaubleBar line. Not only are the lightweight, they are inexpensive (only $13!!) and available at good old Target. I’m also obsessed with these hot pink tassel earrings from Fringe with Benefits (C/O).
2. Long Kendra Scott Necklaces. Yes, Kendra deserves her own paragraph in my blog post. I’ve been a fan of Kendra Scott jewelry for ages and this summer is no different. My #1 go-to necklace is the gold and rose gold Aiden necklace because it seriously matches with everything in my closet. I’ve had my hot pink Kendra Scott Rayne necklace for a couple years now and I still wear it at least weekly. And finally, my antique gold Kendra Scott Kimmy necklace was a super-sale purchase from a Nordstrom sale earlier this year. The white stone really pops for summer.
No, this section is not sponsored by Kendra Scott. Although, Kendra, if you are looking to work with a new blogger, give me a call (pretty, pretty please?!).
3. Rose Gold Jewelry. Rose gold has been big for a while now and it is sticking around for good. I have a couple rose gold items in my closet, but I’ve been looking for a few new classic pieces to mix and match with my statement jewelry. I came across Brook & York and immediately fell in love with their dainty pieces. The polished style of their jewelry will never go out of style and many items can be customized with a name or special date. I had my rose gold cuffs (C/O) engraved with my childrens’ birth dates and love my new “Jenny” ring (C/O). Use code BY0617 to take 10% off your order. Also, a little birdie told me there might be a $100 Brook & York giveaway on my Instagram page through 6/29…
4. A Statement Clutch. I love a good statement clutch, especially during the summer. I don’t know what it is about warm weather, but I find I don’t want to bring as much stuff with me when I’m out and about. Probably because I’m too busy sweating. I still have a big go-to everyday bag, but I love sneaking away from the house with just a handful of items.
My two recent favorites are this amazing bamboo clutch from Lila’s Beauty Bag (C/O) and this pineapple bag I snagged at the Tory Burch outlet (similar here and here). The bamboo clutch is such a statement piece and attracts compliments everywhere I go. The pineapple bag is my most recent unnecessary purchase, but when I found myself in a Tory Burch outlet store in Palm Springs, I knew I was going home with this beauty. I also love that it has a removable cross-body strap.
5. Cute Sandals. I love wedges and heels, but I spend about 90% of my time during the summer in sandals (the other 10% is in athletic shoes). These striped bow slides from Sam & Libby are so easy to throw on and run out the door, and the stripes are perfect for the 4th. I also think these tassel sandals from Gabriela Ephrem (C/O) are the cutest shoes in my closet. I actually had no idea how much pink I wear in summer until I put together this post, but I also snagged these pink Tory Burch sandals at the outlet in Palm Springs a few weeks ago (similar here).
6. A Straw Tote. For those of us who will be hanging out by the pool or beach, a cute straw bag is always fun. I have two that I’ve been using like crazy so far this summer. My larger cactus bag is from Free People and my uber-cute straw pom pom bag is from Lila’s Beauty bag (C/O). I’ve also used the pom pom bag as a summer tote while out running errands. You’ll be seeing more of my cactus bag on the blog soon, but here is a cute pic of my pom pom bag on a recent trip to LA.
7. Sunglasses. I wear sunglasses daily given all the AZ sunshine so it should be no surprise I’ve gathered quite the collection. In my opinion, everyone needs at least 3 pairs of sunnies. 1) A classic pair (black plastic or aviators), 2) a fun, colorful pair, and 3) an inexpensive pair for days in the pool. My go-to black plastic pair is an old pair from Marc Jacobs but this pair is similar. My current fun pair is this white cat-eye style from DIFF, and my inexpensive weekend pair are from LOFT.
8. A Summer Watch. Yes, I totally have summer watches and winter watches. I’ve said forever that I’m a watch person so it makes perfect sense to switch it up in the warm weather. I love a watch with a white band so my Olivia Burton watch goes so perfectly with brightly colored clothing. I also love the nautical look of this Daniel Wellington striped watch. You bet I’ll be wearing this one on the 4th of July.
Any other must-have summer accessories I’m missing? Leave me a message below in the comments!